Live, Interactive Online Hebrew School
Totallyonline.org is a website operated by The Afikim Foundation, a New York-based nonprofit organization that promotes education.
Special Note to Parents: As a non-profit organization, our Website is not subject to the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Nonetheless, we take children’s privacy seriously and have adopted a number of additional measures to comply with the spirit of COPPA and otherwise keep parents aware of their children’s activities on our Website. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at The Afikim Foundation, 111 John St., Suite 1720, New York, New York, 10038.
* This Policy applies to information collected through the Totallyonline.org website located at http://www.totallyonline.org, specifically information collected from children and parents or other visitors to our Site.
* Although this Policy does not generally apply to information we collect through offline means, the practices set forth below (where noted) also represent how we handle certain information we receive from our registrants offline.
* This Policy does not apply to third party websites to which we link or which link to our Site, even if those sites are performing important fulfillment services on our behalf. We are not responsible for the content or practices of any third party site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party sites before you provide any personal information.
* Information that is collected from children who are an active participant in totallyonline.org may include personal contact information such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number, and certain demographic information such as gender and date of birth. The contact information provided during registration is used to determine whether the child qualifies to participate on our site. Contact information may also be used to periodically send our members (via email or postal mail) news, events, and information about Totally online.org and/or other similar organizations or causes. The information will not be used for commercial purposes.
* Note to Parents regarding registration in Totallyonline.org: Totally online.org strongly encourages parents to be involved in their children’s internet activities. It is important that young children understand the risks in organizing or participating in social activities that may involve offline meetings or group sessions. Unless accompanied by a familiar adult, children should never invite or get together with people they or you do not already know well and trust.
* We may provide on our Website social or community-type features that allow users to publicly share with other users media or content.. These features (if available) are provided for the purpose of enabling our members to join in conversations with their peer classmates and teachers in a way that is easy, fun, and member-driven.
* Note to Parents regarding Community Features: Please remember that these areas of our Site must always be used with caution. Although we may take certain measures to help protect those who use these features (for example, by pre-screening content for appropriateness before posting or limiting the group of people with whom users can share content), we cannot guarantee the privacy of these areas and are not responsible for any content or information children or teenagers post in these areas. We strongly encourage parents to be actively and regularly involved in their children’s online activities and to use common sense when using these areas of our Site. Children should never share personal information with strangers or post content or information that either they or you do not want others to see. Any information posted or shared in these areas is done so at your own risk. For additional tips on how to help children stay safe when using social networking features, we recommend you read the following materials from the FTC website:
* If a user writes to us using the contact email addresses provided on our Site’s Contact Us page, your email address and any information you provide in your email message will be used to respond to your inquiries as appropriate, and may be stored for mandated tax or record-keeping purposes.
* Regardless of the information being requested or the feature or service for which the information is collected and used, we will adhere to the following three principles:
1. The information we request from you will be limited to the amount of information we believe we need to administer or provide you the requested activity or feature in the most efficient, convenient, and user-friendly manner possible.
2. It is always your choice whether to provide us your personal or demographic information. If you choose not to provide us this information when requested, you may not be able to partake in certain activities.
3. In addition to the descriptions above, the information you provide us will always be used in a manner that furthers (or attempts to further) the Totallyonline.org mission, whether that means working to expand our membership or base of financial support, or customizing the content and layout of our Website so we can continue to please and engage our members and supporters so they keep coming back for more.
* Like many other sites on the Internet today, we may use a variety of standard web technologies to automatically collect certain information about your visit to our Site and, in return, provide you a more pleasant, convenient, and personalized Website experience. Examples of the types of technologies we may use and how we use them are provided below.
Cookies – these are small text files that we may store on your computer to remember certain things about your visit to our Site and/or your computer system. For example, cookies might remember the fact that you previously visited our Site and the pages and images you viewed or clicked on during that visit. Cookies might also be used to capture your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address (assigned by your Internet Service Provider), which may allow us to determine your general geographic location (e.g., New York City). Upon subsequent visits to our Site, we may retrieve this cookie information from your computer and use it to automatically display information that we think may be of interest to you.
Web Logs or Log Files – these are files stored on our web server (or that of our service provider) that record Website activity and gather non-identifiable statistics about your visit to our Site. The information collected through log files may include (among other things): (i) the type of browser and operating system you use; (ii) your computer’s IP address; and, (iii) other information about your online session (e.g., date and time of your visit, URL you came from to get to our Site, etc.). In addition to using this information to better understand how our Site is used and to improve its functionality, we may use log file information such as your computer’s IP address (together with personal information if necessary) to troubleshoot technical problems, help ensure the security of our Website, or prohibit or restrict access to our Site or online activities by certain users.
* Totally online.org may allow outside companies to access your information, including personal and demographic information, under the following circumstances:
Agents and Contractors. Totally online.org may hire agents or service providers to help us run or host this Website, administer online registrations, or perform other services related to the internal operation of our Website. When performing these services on our behalf, these companies may be given access to the information they need to perform the specific tasks they’ve been hired to do. These companies are strictly prohibited from using your information for any other purpose, and have agreed to keep your information confidential and secure.
Legal Disclosures. Totally online.org may disclose information in the good faith belief we are required to do so by law or such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal processes, enforce contract terms, respond to or resolve any claims (including member complaints), or otherwise protect the safety or rights (including intellectual property rights) of Totally online.org, our members and supporters, or the general public.
Third-Party Jewish Educational Organizations. ToTallyOnline may occasionally share information with third party educational organizations that partner with The Afikim Foundation in the implementation of its educational, social and cultural initiatives.
* Totallyonline.org takes a number of reasonable measures to protect the security of your information. These measures include, but are not necessarily limited to, storing your information in secure operating environments that are only accessible to authorized and authenticated Totallyonline.org personnel or agents and on a strict need-to-know basis.
* This Website is intended primarily for users residing within the United States. If you are a user from outside the U.S., please note that any information you provide us through this Site may be collected, stored, and processed by Totallyonline.org within the U.S. By using our Site, you agree to the transfer, use, and disclosure of your information as set forth in this Policy.